Thursday, July 8, 2010

Getting back on my feet


My first week back in Hong Kong has been a tad frustrating.

Let me rephrase that: my first week back in Hong Kong has been *very* frustrating. I rely on having seamless internet access, but I've had so many problems here. Bali and Sarawak were a breeze by comparison.

Other than that, I'm enjoying being back in a familiar, yet constantly evolving, environment.

I have some long-time friends here. Cath and I go back to the start of the seventies in Oz, when we were at university. Polly and I met here in 1988, through our mutual friend Linda. We work together every month on one or more newsletters. I've caught up with each of them twice this week, and they are my main women here.

Hong Kong still feels like a place I once called home.

I'm trying to see a lot of art, and I'm liking what I'm seeing. It's a very interesting time for both mainland and Hong Kong SAR art.

I also need to "get back on the horse" after my disastrous race in Kuching and go for a run in my new Asics.

No comments:

Post a Comment