Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Arty Ubud


I haven't had a chance yet to see much art, though I spent a few minutes today in a small gallery that had contemporary work by a young gun whose work seems to be mostly about getting drunk. I worked into the early afternoon at the table on the terrace of the kitchen/dining pavilion, which is separate from the villa's living quarters. Discovered Warung Makan, a few doors up, which is sort of like the Coffee Mamma van for locals. I'll try it for breakfast tomorrow. Went shopping for a few groceries, and for chocolates and wine to take tonight to my landlady Sue's "American Idol" pot-luck supper. Her villa is a couple of doors up, next to the warung.

I bought a book by local author Cat Wheeler, who I've been given an introduction to by friends from Oz. I'm now going to spend an hour reading it on the terrace overlooking the rice terraces, before it gets too dark.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robyn,

    The blog is much better than facebook. So your blog has become a "Favorite" - and i can now travel online in comfort of my office in wodonga. Hope to make comments.

    I do like the photo of flowers in the previous post - also could i request photos of food too!

    Take Care

    Kate from Bandiana ex city gardens

    PS. to make a comment, i had to sign up to a google account or others. This may put people off commenting.

    ReplyDelete