Friday, October 15, 2010

I've been a bit of a hermit...


My priority over the last 10 days or so has been staying on top of my workload. I'm not on a working holiday; this is my lifestyle now. I may be working in different places around the world, but I'm still working full-time. And work makes it all possible, so I have to take deadlines seriously.

I'll be taking time out on Saturday, though, to do a badly needed long run with my Dusters pal Heather. Then on Sunday I'm flying up to Maine for a couple of days.

Last Saturday I had lunch with Cy Adler, author of "Walking Manhattan's Rim: The Great Saunter". He has self-published a few other books as well. Holly and I spent a couple of hours in Central Park. It was a beautiful day for John Lennon's 70th birthday, and the park was filled with beautiful people and beautiful dogs, some of whom we met. Lots of boats on the lake and brides at the Bethesda Fountain.

On Sunday I caught up with friends from Oz (Geelong) for a fun and yummy dinner near Greenwich Village. On Monday, Tamar and I saw the excellent documentary "Waiting for Superman", and I saw the Facebook movie ("The Social Network") yesterday. I thought Jesse Eisenberg was brilliant as Mark Zuckerberg.



No comments:

Post a Comment